[IRCServices] known services "abuse"?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Sat Oct 7 13:47:30 PDT 2000

On Sat, Oct 07, 2000 at 05:34:09PM +0200, Samuel Graenacher wrote:
> Hey,
> lately I've noticed this error message coming up quite often:
>
> Global -- from services.mircx.com:
> Warning: unable to set modes on channel #rena. Are your servers' U:lines configured correctly?
>
> The channel is known to have script-kiddies in it and when I started
> investigating about that a bit I heard they found a way to "abuse" the
> servs, most likely Chanserv.

Have you considerred putting services in debug mode and watch the actual
commands that are sent to Services or the actaul conditiosn it happens in?
	/msg operserv set debug on
and Services will dump everything they see to their logfile.  It may take a
lot of space, but it could be very interrseting to read.

--
Sean Kelly <smkelly at zombie.org> or <smkelly at slashnet.org>
   PGP KeyID: 4AC781C7        http://www.sean-kelly.org