[IRCServices] Desired behavior of channel suspension?

&quot &quot
Mon Jan 8 22:50:57 PST 2001

> Speaking of 4.5.0, is there anywhere the masses can d/l this while it's
> being worked on? Is there a CVS anywhere?

I don't know about Andy, but I was reluctant to allow the general world to
use under development source due to the number of unhelpfull bug reports I
was getting. People did not seem to get the fact that the source was VERY
alpha and as such didn't do many of the things it should - like saving
databases or working properly. As things get closer to a final release it
becomes easier to release it as beta code. 4.5 was getting very close to
that stage when I last worked on it. However, Andy has to pick up where I
left off, which means that it will probably be longer until it gets
released.

I hope this makes it clearer as to why the source was not released to the
public.

Andrew