[IRCServices] Desired behavior of channel suspension?

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Jan 9 13:59:29 PST 2001

     One of the features going into 4.5.0 will be channel suspension.
However, there are a number of potential issues as to how a suspended
channel should be treated, so I'd like to gather opinions on the
following points: (my current thoughts are in [brackets])

     - Should a suspended channel be treated like a forbidden one (no
one can enter it) or an unregistered one (it can be used, but Services
won't do anything do it)?  [forbidden]

     - Should Services allow changes to the channel settings?  I think
this one is a pretty clear "no", but I'll put it up for debate.  [no]

     - Should Services allow the founder to drop the channel?  The
current behavior of suspended nicknames is that the owner cannot drop
them, but this is only because the owner cannot identify for them and
not because Services specifically prevents dropping; I could see
suspended channels going either way.  [undecided]

     - Should Services allow memos to be sent to the channel?  [no]
Incidentally, 4.4.x allows memos to be sent to suspended nicks; I'm
planning on disabling that as well unless someone convinces me
otherwise.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B