[IRCServices] Desired behavior of channel suspension?

&quot &quot
Tue Jan 9 00:28:33 PST 2001

>      - Should a suspended channel be treated like a forbidden one (no
> one can enter it) or an unregistered one (it can be used, but Services
> won't do anything do it)?  [forbidden]

I would go with forbidden, with some differences as noted below.

>      - Should Services allow changes to the channel settings?  I think
> this one is a pretty clear "no", but I'll put it up for debate.  [no]

If its forbidden, its makes no difference. But it should not be allowed.

>      - Should Services allow the founder to drop the channel?  The
> current behavior of suspended nicknames is that the owner cannot drop
> them, but this is only because the owner cannot identify for them and
> not because Services specifically prevents dropping; I could see
> suspended channels going either way.  [undecided]

I think this shouldn't be allowed. If the Services Admin thinks the channel should be dropped, he can drop it, but
otherwise let the founder keep the channel, that way, its easier to give it back if the Services Admin wants to, and its
a sort of a punishment since he can now register one less channel.

>      - Should Services allow memos to be sent to the channel?  [no]

No. Its a suspended channel :)

> Incidentally, 4.4.x allows memos to be sent to suspended nicks; I'm
> planning on disabling that as well unless someone convinces me
> otherwise.

Good idea.

>   --Andrew Church
>     achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.