[IRCServices] Desired behavior of channel suspension?

&quot &quot
Tue Jan 9 04:51:34 PST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Church" <achurch at achurch.org>
To: <ircservices at Snow.shadowfire.org>
Sent: Monday, January 08, 2001 11:59 PM
Subject: [IRCServices] Desired behavior of channel suspension?

>      One of the features going into 4.5.0 will be channel suspension.
> However, there are a number of potential issues as to how a suspended
> channel should be treated, so I'd like to gather opinions on the
> following points: (my current thoughts are in [brackets])
>
>      - Should a suspended channel be treated like a forbidden one (no
> one can enter it) or an unregistered one (it can be used, but Services
> won't do anything do it)?  [forbidden]

ok, I'm gunna be different :). I believe that a suspended channel should be
mlock'd +tns
and chanserv "ignore" commands issued by chanops, or at least set secure on
and have chanserv act as if the op is attempting to use commands as an
un-identified nick.

>      - Should Services allow changes to the channel settings?  I think
> this one is a pretty clear "no", but I'll put it up for debate.  [no]

No

>      - Should Services allow the founder to drop the channel?  The
> current behavior of suspended nicknames is that the owner cannot drop
> them, but this is only because the owner cannot identify for them and
> not because Services specifically prevents dropping; I could see
> suspended channels going either way.  [undecided]

non-opers should not be allowed to drop, IMO there wouldn't be anything to
stop them from drop'ing the channel then re-registering (since to UN-forbid
a channel you drop it.)

>      - Should Services allow memos to be sent to the channel?  [no]
> Incidentally, 4.4.x allows memos to be sent to suspended nicks; I'm
> planning on disabling that as well unless someone convinces me
> otherwise.

No