[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre0 released

Strider strider at chatcircuit.com
Sun Jan 28 18:06:43 PST 2001

SVSMODE and SVSNICK (along with SVSKILL and the other SVS commands) must be done from a ulined server, so your services admins were never able to do those commands directly. As for the raw, services admins should be able to do them as it is listed that way (at least on my test server). If you are having trouble with SVSNICK, and are using the format you posted...try adding a 1 at the end. It's a timestamp that is required so the server knows how to handle collisions. The command would be '/operserv raw svsnick curnick newnick 1'.

It would be great to have webtv support altogether. We don't get many webtv users, if any, but having it there would be benificial in the future. Maybe make a webserv like other services do and make it an option like statserv is.

And last, the ban list thing, there is an ircd feature to list the bans for the channel. I don't know the exactly command at the moment as I'm using a script to access it. But I'm sure if you took a script and looked at the code, you could easily find the command.

The things I've listed here to work I haven't had time to test yet. I have all of my opers testing the new ircd update along with the new services...as I put it to them, "break it". We are active in our beta tests, meaning if we find a bug we don't just disregard it. Tomorrow I will have more time to test the stuff so I will test every feature I can think of to the best of my ability, with whatever exploits I can think of.

Beau (Strider) Steward
chatcircuit administrator and 6bit band member
strider at chatcircuit.com        www.chatcircuit.com
ircadmin at chatcircuit.com     irc.chatcircuit.com
strider at 6bit.net                    www.6bit.net