[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre0 released

Real RealCFC at ChatFIRST.COM
Mon Jan 29 21:31:59 PST 2001

SVSMODE and SVSNICK (along with SVSKILL and the other SVS commands) must be done from a ulined server, so your services admins were never able to do those commands directly.

             So is there another way to do it maybe with raw commands ?

As for the raw, services admins should be able to do them as it is listed that way (at least on my test server). If you are having trouble with SVSNICK, and are using the format you posted...try adding a 1 at the end. It's a timestamp that is required so the server knows how to handle collisions. The command would be '/operserv raw svsnick curnick newnick 1'.

            Yeah I knew that one just forgot to add that 1 at the end , but still they cant exucute the command that way either very strange.

It would be great to have webtv support altogether. We don't get many webtv users, if any, but having it there would be benificial in the future. Maybe make a webserv like other services do and make it an option like statserv is.

          That would be AWSOME , but I think that's just dreaming too much at least here lol.

And last, the ban list thing, there is an ircd feature to list the bans for the channel. I don't know the exactly command at the moment as I'm using a script to access it. But I'm sure if you took a script and looked at the code, you could easily find the command.

            Yeah I know that feature exists but the problem here is that WebTV cannot see services notices that's why we use UnrealIRCd first of all cause it supports WebTV in many ways and for example converts all services messages from /notice to /msg without you having to modify services in anyway, so basically that IRC command is useless for WebTV users too, Now if ChanServ talks to them and tells them the channel bans then they can see them in /msg from cause UnrealIRCd supports WebTV and all services messages go to the user in /msg instead of /notice.

Thanks for your comments.
Ely

RealCFC at ChatFIRST.COM
http://www.chatfirst.com