[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre0 released

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Tue Jan 30 16:11:34 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 03:24:19PM -0600, Strider wrote:
> It's unrealircd...previous services had issues with unreal and since this is
> the first release to specifically have support for it, i'm doing heavy
> testing on it.

That is nice that you're doing heavy testing on it, but if you want to test
it properly and be able to report something that would be very informative,
you should have done what I suggested previously and posted it back to the
list.  It is still possible that what you had happen was a client/script bug,
or a client/script bug fed by a services bug.  The best way to collect data
is to do it without a client, and with the telnet command both as a client
and a server.  This gives you a full view of what is going through the
network without some stupid client like BitchX interpreting it for you
and possibly skewing what you see.

Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

For PGP key, send e-mail with subject "send pgp key"