[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre0 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Jan 31 13:59:24 PST 2001

>Ok on our network it would say: " Services.ChatFIRST.COM has changed topic
>to: Topic here " I like that better than when it was ChanServ changing the
>topic though , its cooler.
>
>In the past it used to be ChanServ who changed the topics when someone joins
>the room and there was nobody there.

     Apparently Unreal doesn't allow ChanServ to set topics.  I'll be looking
into this further.

>Is there any way for users to remove the nick of the person who first placed
>the the topic on the room? I know it can be removed but once everyone leaves
>the room the first person who joins will again see the Nick at the end of
>the topic.

     That's not part of the topic; try "/topic #channel" and you'll see it's
not displayed.  The server sends that when the sender of the command
(Services) is not the same as the person who originally set the topic.

>Also we have been playing around trying to add a Super-User but it looks its
>not working at least on our network, Look at this log:
>
><RealCFC> SET SUPASS CF99
><OperServ> Services super-user password has been changed.
><RealCFC> SU CF99
><OperServ> Password incorrect.

     This is a bug and has been fixed; thanks for the report.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B