[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre0 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Jan 31 14:12:41 PST 2001

>  ----- Original Message -----=20
[...]
>  1-) Services does not have a help topic with OperServ regarding the =
>new CLEARCHAN , that's just cosmetic but it would look much better.

     Yes it does:

-> *OperServ* help clearchan
-OperServ- Syntax: CLEARCHAN channel
-OperServ-
-OperServ- Removes all users from a channel (masskick).
-OperServ-
-OperServ- Limited to Services operators.

>  2-) It would be nice if ChanServ would also send a confirmation =
>message back at the user when they do:
>
>  /ChanServ OP #Channel Nick=20

     Added, thanks for the suggestion.

>  3-) A command like: /msg ChanServ LIST #Channel BANS =20
>  something like:  /msg ChanServ CLEAR #Channel BANS which already =
>exists and its very useful.

     As was already pointed out, you can do this through the ircd
directly (the command is "/mode #channel +b").  I don't see the need
to add an extra command to Services to do the same thing; if the
client doesn't have a way to do that, then the client is broken and
should be fixed.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B