[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre0 released

Real Admin at ChatFIRST.COM
Wed Jan 31 15:33:39 PST 2001

Andrew Church wrote:

     Yes it does:

-> *OperServ* help clearchan
-OperServ- Syntax: CLEARCHAN channel
-OperServ-
-OperServ- Removes all users from a channel (masskick).
-OperServ-
-OperServ- Limited to Services operators.

    Well what I mean is that is NOT listed on the HELP command from OperServ
, although I now see from your message that OperServ indeed has a help topic
on it.

if the client doesn't have a way to do that, then the client is broken and
should be fixed.

That's the problem, I understand its microsoft who should be fixing this and
many other problems with this client, but its been years  , its been
reported hundreads of times and MS just DOESN'T care at all about its users
experience on IRC. I once contacted them directly and ask them about this
problme and others , the reason they gave me is that WebTV should not and
probably will NEVER get to see /notice on IRC is because it would deminish
the users experience cause then they would be getting a lot of unwanted
messages on the screen making it hard for the user to follow a conversation
on a TV screen, The chat text on the screen of a WebTV runs fast and they
have no separate windows for private messages everything the user sees they
see in the same screen so they only support the basic IRC stuff . When WebTV
gets a private message they see it in the same window just in red color
while the public text is displayed in green, UnrealIRCd has done a great job
and convert the services messages to /MSG so that at least WebTV can see the
services messages and other very important IRC notices but not all. in the
mean time users are the ones getting screwed, I guess we will have to learn
to live with this then.

Thanks for adding a response or confirmation to the /msg ChanServ OP
#Channel Nick  command that is VERY useful for many clients trust me. Are
all this fixes already available if I re-download services ?
Thanks in advance.

RealCFC at ChatFIRST.COM
http://www.chatfirst.com