[IRCServices] Bouncy modes??

Imran Ali Rashid u970042 at giki.edu.pk
Wed Jan 31 15:49:32 PST 2001

>      Unfortunately, the detection sometimes goes off when in reality
> nothing bad is happening.  I'm working on a better way of detecting the
> problem, but for now, clearing out the channel (getting everyone to
> leave so the channel disappears) will make Services forget about the
> problem and set modes on that channel again.

uhhh You do realize that this might not be possible on high profile channels...
Oh sure, you can do it and all people will hear are that it was necessary, but
it does make things unpleasant. Couldn't this be made simpler? I refer to
making services forget the problem.
Oh and btw, services still sets modes on the channel like o and v and b,
it just doesn't set the channel only modes like m and i. It doesn't unset them
either. Could this be the reason that mlock sometimes fails?