[IRCServices] Services 4.5pre2 released

Real Admin at ChatFIRST.COM
Sun Feb 4 17:27:32 PST 2001

Ok so far I have three issues that I would like Andrew to check :

1- OperServ is NOT sending a GLOBAL to the IRC Operators when someone tries
to access SU status with the wrong password and it says its supposed to.
2- Wouldn't it be good if OperServ sends that notice whenever someone gets
SU ? just for security reasons I belive ROOT should be informed everytime
someone gets SU status.
3-For sercurity reasons I strongley believe Services Admins and SU Admins
should NOT be able to use GETPASS on the ORIGINAL ROOT user.

What if an Admin allowed to use SU becomes an enemy of the network then goes
becomes SU and changes the ORIGINAL ROOT nick password and the SU password ?
then the real SERVICES ROOT is in trouble, specially if he/she is on a
computer in which Telnet cant be accessed at the time to shut down services
on an attack from a rebel ADMIN.
Even if you can access telnet at the time of the problem they can do a lot
of damage while you go  change services.conf to have another nick as the
services root and be able to get the newpassword that the rebel changed for
your nick.

Correct me if I ' m wrong please.
Thanks in advance.
Ely