[IRCServices] Mode +d set?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Tue Feb 6 16:55:32 PST 2001

On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 06:13:45PM -0600, Strider wrote:
> Gosh yer a smart one. Can you provide an example of this? I'm interested in
> seeing an application of this.

Well, before you get all pissy, why don't you think of your own example?  How
about times where many clones join a channel and start flooding it.  If the
bot doesn't have to deal with the flooders' MSGs to the channel, it can deal
with the fact that there is a JOIN flood going on.  It saves a lot of
resources and bandwidth on the client's end.  Also, think of VERY busy channels
(such as warez channels, I suppose) where the text is scrolling fast as hell
and you can barely keep up with it?  Why bother having a bot receive all that
garbage when all it needs to do is op people when they join?

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

For PGP key, send e-mail with subject "send pgp key"