[IRCServices] Re: While talking about NickServ...

Mark Hetherington (Eurocom) markh at eurodltd.co.uk
Sat Feb 24 00:14:00 PST 2001

> > The reason you cannot use getpass is because the encryption isnt
> > reversable...  so having a sendpass command would only be useful
> > with non encrypted db's
>
> I believe the eventual aim is to have a NickServ command (no reason
> why it couldn't be "SENDPASS") which will reset the person's password
> to something new, and then send it to their NickServ e-mail address.

That would be very useful however I would add maybe add a Password must be
changed at identify to any passwords generated in this manner. This would
mean that the generated password would be very transient thereby maintaining
security against someone using the password creation algorithm in an attempt
to crack user passwords.

Mark.
CTCP Networks.