[IRCServices] Re: While talking about NickServ...

Countersync of AGNPH (and #agnph) countersync at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 24 01:15:01 PST 2001

From: "Mark Hetherington (Eurocom)" <markh at eurodltd.co.uk>
> > I believe the eventual aim is to have a NickServ command (no reason
> > why it couldn't be "SENDPASS") which will reset the person's password
> > to something new, and then send it to their NickServ e-mail address.
> >

> That would be very useful however I would add maybe add a Password must be
> changed at identify to any passwords generated in this manner. This would
> mean that the generated password would be very transient thereby
maintaining
> security against someone using the password creation algorithm in an
attempt
> to crack user passwords.
>
> Mark.
> CTCP Networks.
Please do not forget that it is rare for a user to hide their email address.
Especially if they actually want to be contacted.  Perhaps the addition of a
'secure' email address that the user is instructed to set and not to share
anywhere else is a good idea?  It isn't hard to come by mail accounts for
such purposes these days with places like yahoo and hotmail.