AW: [IRCServices] Wierd message...

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Feb 27 01:02:01 PST 2001

No,

:NickName SJOIN #channel epoch

does not use creation time, it is the actual time, to tell when a JOIN
has been issued.

The Creation Time is sent with the channel definition SJOIN:

:ServerName SJOIN epoch #channel modes [param, param] :nicks.
That epoch is the creation time, for during a netburst, users, which will be introduced
to the connecting server, will (shall) look, as if they are joining at that time.

That means, it is safe to use time(NULL), because ChanServ will JOIN later than the user itself.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |