AW: [IRCServices] Wierd message...

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue Feb 27 00:51:01 PST 2001

>But the reality is, that daemons, which use SJOIN, do not like remote
>users (in this case, a user from services : ChanServ)
>directly sending a JOIN, because only a SJOIN is being expected.
>Server to server communications is done via SJOINs. That is an
>issue which might be corrected, though not necessary, by modifying
>check_kick to something like
>
>#if defined(IRC_BAHAMUT)
>	send_cmd(s_ChanServ, "SJOIN %s %lu", chan, time(NULL));
>#else
>	send_cmd(s_ChanServ, "JOIN %s", chan);
>#endif
>
>where if(stay) is being evaluated.

     The problem with doing things this way is that in order to do it
properly we need to use the channel creation timestamp sent in the
original SJOIN command--but since the channel hasn't actually been
created in Services' lists, we don't have that available.  Services
could be rewritten to use SJOIN properly in this way, but since JOIN
works just as well, I don't see any reason to.  If the messages bother
you, filter them out in your script.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | $B%a!<%k%"%I%l%9$,JQ$o$j$^$7$?!#(B