[IRCServices] Points

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 28 12:04:02 PST 2001

Hello;

I wanted to tell my opinions for some things being discussed now:

1- The problematic with non resolving autokills is daemon specific, it
works perfectly under Bahamut. I do not see, why services should try name
resolve in that case, especially, when you may want to use asterices.
*@192.10.* should also work, and you cannot do a resolve on that.

2- Socks scan should never be a task services should handle. There are
networks
of more than 8k users running services. They cannot afford one single
machine
trying to scan for socks for that amount of users. As Andrew already said,
there
are either ircd's that do this, or special tools, which can do this.

3- A feature I'd like to see is the rewrite of FORBID, to enforce a reason.
I already can imagine something like ForbidInfo *fi coming towards us :P

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |