[IRCServices] Suggestions

Georgesd Berscheid Georges at Berscheid.lu
Fri Mar 2 23:22:01 PST 2001

Hi,

> but If Andy could modularise services, so that anyone can write plugins to
> go into services. THen people could add things like BotServ, SocksCheck,
etc..

> This would be really really kewl, and reduce Andys workload, in that he
could
> offload certain modules to a certain group (StatServ), and things he
doesnt
> feel like maintaining.

I think this is a great idea, but quite hard to realize because the whole
structure of services might be changed to allow very modular devolpment.
Talking about StatServ, I already included a number of functions for our
network (such as counting connects, kicks, total time, avg. time etc... for
users: kicks, joins, avg time etc for channels). I think its a waste of time
and resources to develop all these functions serveral times because they
cannot be included easily.
Another point/suggestion I would like to mention is the Serverices' Database
format. I saw many IRC Networks offering its users a Web-based DB where they
can place personal information, pictures etc. (so do we).
It would be funny if we could use the MySQL DB for Services as well,
allowing a more integrated web-interface for the IRC Network. But this is
probably a project for medium to long term.

So far for now :-)

Georges