[IRCServices] SIDENTIFY

CJB cjb at mircx.com
Sat Mar 3 03:58:01 PST 2001

I had actually been telling some people to enter their NickServ password
in the server password field on connect (thus using SIDENTIFY) because
their scripts would execute the perform commands on connect (such as
joining channels) before they would respond to the NickServ notice asking
for their password.  Since SIDENTIFY is done first, this solved their
problem.

It may not be something everyone uses, but it is useful in certain
circumstances.  Unless it poses a problem for services, it is a feature
that I think would be worth adding back in.