[IRCServices] Services error notice

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon Mar 5 02:13:01 PST 2001

>Hello there everyone,  One of the Operators on our network saw this message:
>
> [G] Services.ChatFIRST.COM: Write error on nick.db: No such file or
>directory
>
>Does this means my Services db are getting corrupted ? if so please let me
>know so that I start using my more recent back up.

     The only cause I can think of for this is that the data file directory
was moved or otherwise inaccessible when Services tried to write the database.
If that's the case, restoring the directory and doing an OperServ UPDATE
should restore the databases as well.

>Im still using
>IRCServices-4.5.1 this problem happened after I tried to upgrade to 4.5.5
>but had to stop because again I was having problems with my U line not sure
>why, cause 4.5.1 accepts my U line as it was suggested to me a few day ago
>here.

     Please provide more detail on this (server version, _exact_ description
of the problem, debug log messages if appropriate).

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | メールアドレスが変わりました。