[IRCServices] Nick Identification bug?

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon Mar 12 00:52:01 PST 2001

>I'm wondering if this is a bug or something I might have missed in the
>configuration file (read over 3 times).
>
>CASE 1:
>---------
> - Same IP, same username (identd), log into IRC, services will ask the
>user to identify if not it will disconnect or change nick.
>
>-NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected.  If it is your
>-NickServ- nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password.  Otherwise,
>-NickServ- please choose a different nick.
>-NickServ- If you do not change within one minute, I will change your
>nick.
>

>The same user gets disconnected, then attempts to reconnect back with
>the same IP/Username, Nickserv WILL NOT prompt the user with the
>message:

     This should never happen with Dreamforge, Bahamut, and Unreal.
With other servers, it can happen if the user disconnects from one
server and connects to another one whose clock is slower, thus giving
the user the same timestamp (if this is the case then either fix your
servers' clocks [preferred] or enable NoSplitRecovery in services.conf).

     If you can confirm this happening in any other circumstances I
would appreciate more detailed information.  In particular, you should
check whether the user actually has access to the nick in question or
whether it's just a case of a message not being sent.

>CASE 2:
>--------------
>If a nick is identified then changed to another un-registered nick,
>when doing /whois newnick  the newnick is being reported by the server
>as being registered.  I assume the mode +r was not being removed and
>I"m not sure if the job of removing +r is services job or ircd job.  I
>ran services in -debug mode and see that the server does send the nick
>change to services but services doesn't send back to the server (ie
>mode -r on the nick) etc..

     According to comments in the code, Bahamut servers should
automatically remove -r on nick change.  If this is not the case let
me know and I'll fix the code.

     For other servers, Services does send a -r when changing from a
registered nick to an unregistered one.

>Feature Addition?
>I'm wondering if there is a feature for making ChanServ to join #'s if
>the owner wish the bot to stay in the channel?

     No, and there will not be.  See the FAQ.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | メールアドレスが変わりました。