Re Strider: [IRCServices] More suggestions

Strider strider at chatcircuit.com
Wed Mar 21 13:10:04 PST 2001

Some good points, but not why I would disagree. Some of the people who make
modifications are not as well versed in C as others, I am one who isn't.
Some of the modifications we made were cosmetic, but we did add a extremely
stripped down bots service to 4.4.8. Once I have time to spare, I may work
on it a bit more, but I am sure it will require a lot of work to move it
over to 4.5.x. I may just wait for 5.0 when the modular support is added and
make the bots code a module (it practically is, with minor hacks to 2
different files, one being the makefile, and the rest being in its own
contained .c). The code is far from clean or efficient. I am rather
surprised the bots addition hasn't brought down our network for a while (it
use to repeatedly until I fixed a "stupidity bug").

Beau (Strider) Steward
chatcircuit administrator and 6bit band member
strider at chatcircuit.com        www.chatcircuit.com
ircadmin at chatcircuit.com     irc.chatcircuit.com
strider at 6bit.net                    www.6bit.net