[IRCServices] Suggestion

Strider strider at chatcircuit.com
Fri Mar 23 03:05:01 PST 2001

On our services we added some messages sent via globops. When someone
registers a channel or a nick, we get a message saying they did so. You
could implement something like this to the suspension. If a nick or channel
becomes suspended due to bad passwords, send a globops, then an IRCop can
deal with it when it happens.

Also, despite restricting the nickserv nick list, many servers list their
ircops in their motd or website or both. IRCops are a very common target in
IRC war. This very well could be annoying to an ircop to find their nick was
suspended because someone decided they would like to have "fun".

Now I have a suggestion for operserv. Allow ircop level access to operserv
to anyone with their oline activated. I find it annoying that when I want to
use another nick in good fun, I have to switch back to a registered nick
with operserv access to use operserv. Maybe make it to where if the person
is identified to nickserv, opered, and on the operserv access list, it
doesn't run a quick check on the user via whois or something, but if the
user is not on the access list, it runs a quick check via whois or something
to see if the person is an oper. The access with the odd nick should be
basic access (like if a root changes nicks, his access is brought down to
ircop).

Beau (Strider) Steward
chatcircuit administrator and 6bit band member
strider at chatcircuit.com        www.chatcircuit.com
ircadmin at chatcircuit.com     irc.chatcircuit.com
strider at 6bit.net                    www.6bit.net