[IRCServices] Suggestion

Mark Hetherington markh at eurodltd.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 12:25:01 PST 2001

> On our services we added some messages sent via globops. When someone
> registers a channel or a nick, we get a message saying they
> did so. You
> could implement something like this to the suspension. If a
> nick or channel
> becomes suspended due to bad passwords, send a globops, then
> an IRCop can
> deal with it when it happens.

I would expect a globops would be sent in response to services doing this
since most "decisions" made by services are so announced.

> Also, despite restricting the nickserv nick list, many
> servers list their
> ircops in their motd or website or both. IRCops are a very
> common target in
> IRC war. This very well could be annoying to an ircop to find
> their nick was
> suspended because someone decided they would like to have "fun".

It is one of our oper policies that oper nicknames be as secure as possible.
Immediate kill and specific host in the access list etc. So noone could use
an opers name long enough to attempt to chat let alone cause their nickname
to be suspended.

Mark.
CTCP Networks.