[IRCServices] Problems and suggestions for them

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Mar 28 14:54:01 PST 2001

Hello;

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Imran Ali Rashid wrote:

> Whoever has 4.5.9 please confirm if these problems are still there. Thanks
>
> Problem 1: Presently if you set any channel as forbidden, the people in the channel are not kicked.
> Solution 1: Clear users when a channel is set as forbidden

Are you reading the Changes file when talking about a Problem ?

> I think this has already been resolved, but I'm putting it here as I'm not sure.. sorry I still run services 4.4.8
> Problem 2: The ban set on a forbidden channel is host dependant.
> Solution 2: Set a *!*@* ban

Again.

> Problem 3: Since a channel is finished when the last user gets out, the ban list is empty, hence a user may join a
> forbidden channel again. The problem here is useless processing, as well as log file clutter with useless messages.
> Solution 3: Keep Chanserv or some other services nick in the channel to enforce the ban.

ChanServ already stays after the first join attempt after channel is
cleared, for a small amount of time (services.conf), to prevent rejoins.

You may be right about useless processing, but not about log clutter.
The joiner cannot set any modes.

Regards;
yusuf