[IRCServices] Problems and suggestions for them

Imran Ali Rashid u970042 at giki.edu.pk
Wed Mar 28 15:59:00 PST 2001

> Are you reading the Changes file when talking about a Problem ?

Oops. Sorry, I checked last time but forgot to this time.
My Apologies.

> > Problem 3: Since a channel is finished when the last user gets out, the ban list is empty, hence a user may join a
> > forbidden channel again. The problem here is useless processing, as well as log file clutter with useless messages.
> > Solution 3: Keep Chanserv or some other services nick in the channel to enforce the ban.
>
> ChanServ already stays after the first join attempt after channel is
> cleared, for a small amount of time (services.conf), to prevent rejoins.
>
> You may be right about useless processing, but not about log clutter.
> The joiner cannot set any modes.

I meant entries of this form:
[Mar 28 15:39:17 2001] channel: MODE +b a@*.cml-lab.giki.edu.pk for nonexistent channel #forbidden
[Mar 28 15:39:17 2001] channel: MODE +o zahidirfan 985777603 for nonexistent channel #forbidden

If these aren't too, then I ask forgiveness, I haven't really had any opportunity to upgrade services here are yet.