AW: [IRCServices] auto setting modes

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Apr 6 09:18:01 PDT 2001

Hello;

I think you SHOULD read the FAQ/README/TODO/Changes.

In this very specific case, you ought to have read the FAQ.

Please go through it, and read the Z.6. TWICE.
Then you will notice, that Mr. Church does NOT tend to add such a
feature as you have suggested it.

Additionally, your information is also very wrong, because DALnet has never
implemented a channelmode, which prevents anyone from being kicked.
Before coming up with a context declaring DALnet had done things, do
try to install their daemon, and check, whether they really did that.
Or go through http://bahamut.dal.net to read what is available.

Furthermore, a Ulined Client does not ever need to join a channel,
except you want to flood services with channel text, which is unuseable
but parsed this way. That means, you will fill the socket to the services
with useless information, if a Client from Services JOINs a channel.
That way the packet size increases, and also the waiting time and also
the response time.

Please do try to be productive, and not destructive.
A lagged services is never positive.

Regards,
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |