[IRCServices] auto setting modes

PuterManCFC PuterManCFC at ChatFIRST.NET
Fri Apr 6 07:21:01 PDT 2001

Yeah, that would do what is needed.  +oQ

PuterManCFC
----------------------------
Network Admin: Operations
ChatFIRST INC

-----Original Message-----
From: Strider [mailto:strider at chatcircuit.com]
Sent: April 5, 2001 10:20 PM
To: PuterManCFC at ChatFIRST.NET
Subject: Re: [IRCServices] auto setting modes

Well, in order for something like this to work, it cannot be a raw command.
Services really can't do anything more than make chanserv join a channel
with the raw join. So basically, this would have to be an added command, say
/chanserv join #channel.

Also, +q is a ircd specific feature. I am sure they will want to know the
ircd you use in order to get a better idea of what you are talking about. On
unreal ircd, this sets a user to be the owner of the channel. When setting
this on a user, and if it was set on another, it removes the previously set
+q for that user. Now +Q on the other hand, that disallows kicking unless
done by a ulined server.

Beau (Strider) Steward
chatcircuit administrator and 6bit band member
strider at chatcircuit.com        www.chatcircuit.com
ircadmin at chatcircuit.com     irc.chatcircuit.com
strider at 6bit.net                    www.6bit.net