[IRCServices] Nickname access masks

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Apr 25 01:09:01 PDT 2001

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 06:28:24AM +0900, Andrew Church wrote:
>      One thing I've been considering lately for 5.0 is to just get rid of
> access lists entirely, requiring password authentication to use the nick.
> What does everyone think of this?

I think that would be a very bad idea.  For one, the interface for users
should not severely change between 4.x and 5.x, or else we will have to
retrain the monkeys that barely are able to use Services the way they are
now.  Also, there are people who use the access list feature.  I know of
several people on my network that use it, and they would be very upset if
it disappeared.  I would either have to not upgrade, or patch it back in
myself if it were to be removed.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

For PGP key, send e-mail with subject "send pgp key"