[IRCServices] Nickname access masks

• Karel • karel4 at estpak.ee
Wed Apr 25 09:59:00 PDT 2001

> > What does everyone think of this?
> This is probably in the minority, but I like access lists. I have a
> static IP, so by adding the full IP to the list, I dont have to worry
> about getting killed (assuming kill protection on). Granted, most people
> do not have a static IP, but for those of us that do, it's very useful.

 No, don't remove accesslists at all. It would be useful for a lot of
people around the world, who have their own IP that will not change
anytime. But here are about 70% of users using the same hostmask
*@*.someISP.com and the accesslists are bad idea here. Another users are
using exactly the same hostmask (ex. *@fw-gateway.school.edu), but there
are hundreds of people behind one firewall and I think accesslists are
not good idea there too.
 So, accesslists feature would be configurable not to be _default_ for
all people but if anyone want this, he/she will use NICKSERV ACCESS ADD
command manually. So, in the "config.h" file line "#define
NO_DEFAULT_NS_ACCESSLISTS" or "#undef AUTOMATIC_NS_ACCESSLISTS" would be
a great idea in this situation :)