[IRCServices] Nickname access masks

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Apr 25 02:49:00 PDT 2001

     Okay, here's a combined reply:

- I never liked SET KILL IMMED in the first place, and if I removed
  access masks then it would obviously go as well.

- If IMMED is removed, of course Services would take care of changing
  IMMED settings to QUICK in this case--you may not have noticed, but
  I've had to do things like this for nearly every new version.  (Take
  a look at the mess that comprises the database load routines to see
  what I mean.)

- Point taken about people (and eggdrops) with static IPs who use
  access masks.  I'll think about it.  (I can see where making a bot
  identify to Services would actually hurt security...)

- The whole POINT of a major version update is to change things.  If
  you don't like the changes, stay with version 4.x, but then you
  won't get any updates (or possibly even bug fixes in the future).
  If you want the updates, get 5.0 and live with the changes, or
  patch them back the way you want--you have the source, after all.
  As for the "monkeys", I'm open to suggestions on how to make
  Services easier to use, but I think that's more of a client issue
  than anything else.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org | New address - please note.
    http://achurch.org/ | メールアドレスが変わりました。