[IRCServices] ircservices bugs-cosmetic fixes

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon May 28 09:19:01 PDT 2001

Hello;
It looks like, as if you are using Unreal Ircd.

Yes it could have been, but the m_topic implementation of Unreal
makes this impossible. If ChanServ tried to set the topic, the
ircd would not allow it that, so the solution with the services
server setting it.

> 2) There isnt a swhois anymore which was nice

Beg your pardon, but, what is a swhois ? An Unreal Specific
issue ?

> 3) nickserv doesnt tell you that you are a services admin,
> services oper, or services root anymore when
>     you identify.....that was always a nice feature.

It does tell you when you use the SU command. On the other hand,
I guess that this will be implemented to version 5.0

> 4) When you join a empty channel you registered chanserv only
> set's mode +q even though you dont get
>      deoped chanserv should still set you +o

In order to register you need op. Obviously you are an operator.
Why should ChanServ resend an existing mode ?

> 5) in the topic when you first join when empty the last
> person who set the topic is always in it on the end in the ( )
>     *** very anonying since each time a topic is set and you
> dont remove the last nick that set it keeps
>     adding the nick to the end

Then you should remove that last nick, when changing the topic.
Or, you might use a script for that. Services does not continuosly
add the same nick at the end of a topic. It does this only once.
Therefore, the person who sets a new topic, needs only to remove
that nickname.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |