[IRCServices] ircservices bugs-cosmetic fixes

Scott Grayban sgrayban at borgdrone.net
Mon May 28 09:53:00 PDT 2001

| Hello;
| It looks like, as if you are using Unreal Ircd.

Yes i am

| > A couple thing i see that needs to be changed.....
| > 1) when you join a empty channel thats register you get this
| >     *** services.dreamirc.com changes topic to
| >     Which should be *** chanserv changes topic to
|
| Yes it could have been, but the m_topic implementation of Unreal
| makes this impossible. If ChanServ tried to set the topic, the
| ircd would not allow it that, so the solution with the services
| server setting it.

but in the old versions before andy took the services project over again i do believe it was correct

| > 2) There isnt a swhois anymore which was nice
|
| Beg your pardon, but, what is a swhois ? An Unreal Specific
| issue ?

as stated above ... it showed in your whois if you were a services admin or services root

| > 3) nickserv doesnt tell you that you are a services admin,
| > services oper, or services root anymore when
| >     you identify.....that was always a nice feature.
|
| It does tell you when you use the SU command. On the other hand,
| I guess that this will be implemented to version 5.0

yes it does tell you that if you use the SU command but not if your already the services root in the services.conf
in which case you do not have to use the SU command

| > 4) When you join a empty channel you registered chanserv only
| > set's mode +q even though you dont get
| >      deoped chanserv should still set you +o
|
| In order to register you need op. Obviously you are an operator.
| Why should ChanServ resend an existing mode ?

only cosmetic suggestion

| > 5) in the topic when you first join when empty the last
| > person who set the topic is always in it on the end in the ( )
| >     *** very anonying since each time a topic is set and you
| > dont remove the last nick that set it keeps
| >     adding the nick to the end
|
| Then you should remove that last nick, when changing the topic.
| Or, you might use a script for that. Services does not continuosly
| add the same nick at the end of a topic. It does this only once.
| Therefore, the person who sets a new topic, needs only to remove
| that nickname.

errr i do believe in every services i have ever used or looked at they never set the nick in the topic who set it last
so why cant this be fixed?

| Regards;
| yusuf

Scott Grayban
sgrayban at NOSPAM.borgdrone.net

Without hope there is no life.
Support GreenPeace - Stop the slaughter.

Support anti-Spam legislation.
Join the fight http://www.cauce.org/

"When a stupid man is doing something he is ashamed of, he always declares
 that it is his duty." George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Visit BORGnet Hosting
Cheap NT hosting starting at $9.95
Virtual Domain's (IP less)
http://www.borgdrone.net