[IRCServices] CSMaxReg

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Tue May 29 06:26:00 PDT 2001

>Ok here is a stupid question.
>Why in the world in the do_register for a nick do we:
>        ni->memos.memomax = MSMaxMemos;
>and
>        ni->channelmax = CSMaxReg;
>
>is it just me or do we want to lock people into the limits we have when
>they register. I mean what if I want to lower the number of channels,
>everyone that registered b4 would be able to get away with it.

     This behavior will be changed for 5.0 to the more sensible "default
unless explicitly set" behavior.  I haven't decided whether a command to
set the channel limit will be in 5.0 or not, but I do plan to add one
eventually.  Neither of these changes will be implemented in the 4.5
series.

     There is already a command to set the memo limit; see /msg MemoServ
HELP SET LIMIT.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/