AW: [IRCServices] Compatible?

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jun 7 22:08:01 PDT 2001

I think, ircd2.10 series are not supported, because they would require
too many changes:

NJOIN: similar to SJOIN but not the same.
NICK: similar to Unreal's NICK but not the same.

No services stamps. No Nickname timestamps. No globops, no gnotices.
No way of adding a global kline.
#channels
!channels
channel IDs
There is NO Uline in that ircd. ChanServ cannot set modes. services
shoud handle modes, topics, kicks ? invites ? will they work ?
Invite requires chanop status on ircd2.10. Obviously, services server
is not a chanop.

Additionally, Ircnets ircd is not designed to have a services server.
They have SERVICE's, which have a totally different concept.

I claim, that if the services version 5.0 arrives, someone will sit
and code a module for ircd2.10.x. But in my opinion, changes required
for that ircd are simply too many for this version.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de  | in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |