[IRCServices] Suggestions

Bryan Clark bclark at bclark.yi.org
Tue Jun 12 04:31:01 PDT 2001

These are just off-the-cuff replies that I haven't given much real
thought to, but here goes:

> what about email confirmation to nick registrations? It'd be cool if NS can
> mail it instead of *print* it out with confirmation msg.

I think e-mail support is in the works for 5.0, if I recall.

> Is it possible to add support to ircd's with vhost features giving
> registered nicks his own virtual hostmask? i.e nick jupe -
> ident at jupe.virtual.ip

Not too sure on this one, but this sounds like more of an ircd issue
than a services one.

> I've read old messages requesting privmsg reply instead of notice. well, i
> think it's easier to read *huge* help commands' reply on privmsg and other
> msg using notice's.

Depends on how willing you are to break the RFC -- it specifies that any
sort of automatic reply should always come off as a notice. Besides, if
you've set your client to automatically open a new tab on a private
message, the unexpected windows can get annoying after a while.

> Make CS reply all users on a channel that some admin adds someone to
> registered users db. i.e. #channel~ -ChanServ- Admin adds User on #channel
> (350)

Why everyone? I'd say notify the channel owner and maybe the rest of the
access list, but that's it.