[IRCServices] Problems after convertiiing from PTlink

Guven Guzelbey guveng at utk.edu
Fri Jun 22 16:41:00 PDT 2001

I have the same problem now.
I am using (at least trying) bahamut(pelennor)-1.4(23) with ircservices-4.5.17
Once I converted my databases, the import.db program was reading channel
levels incorrectly. At that time there was not any problem with gaining op
neither by joining channel nor with using ChanServ op command.
After this bug is fixed, another problem has occured. Channels started to act
like they are not registered ... Who joins first can get op .
I checked channel options if there was leave-ops option set or not but I
realized it is not something related with leave-ops. If anyone want to see
what is happening, please come to irc.arkadas.com:6660 (this is a test server
seperated by port number from the main server.) Other ports will bring you
directly to the primary server.

Regards,

Guven Guzelbey
Department of Computer Science - www.cs.utk.edu
University of Tennessee - www.utk.edu

>===== Original Message From black at netguardian.org =====

one thing seems really strange to me.
>Once a person joins a channel first, others who join after him, can not gain
operator status on that channel however they have access on that channel.
>I mean channels act like "not registered" Whoever joins first, he gets op.
>
>And also there is one more thing ... Users can not get op even using ChanServ
op command. [13:39] -ChanServ- Opped black on channel #lobi. - ChanServ sends
this notice but it doesn't do anything really.