[IRCServices] Guesting Nicks

Kevc978 Kevc978 at PunkAss.com
Sat Jun 23 01:45:03 PDT 2001

I know Andy has probably thought of this and it probably "No use" doing or
is inneficient,

But how about using rand()%1000 For guested nicks, cause i get too many nick
collisions when services come back by people using Guest nicks already on
the  server, services come back, try to guest someone to Guest1 and boom,
nick collision.  I was just wondering about using ANY random number, instead
of incrementing it from Guest1, This may help stop Nick Collisions and The
same people getting the same nicks by about 99.999% (Windows 2000 Uptime
report (The 5 9's))  :-)

Kevc978
DarkServ
Irc.DarkServ.Net