[IRCServices] Memo Status

Jonathan Morton chromi at cyberspace.org
Tue Aug 14 10:54:00 PDT 2001

>  >Simple, keep a list of memos sent by a user,
>
>      This is exactly what Andrew Kempe was saying above would waste memory,
>and I agree; it's not non-doable, certainly for small networks at least,
>but I'd rather find a better solution.

AFAICT, it's a couple of dozen bytes per memo, tops.  Is this really
excessive, given the size of the memo itself will often be larger?
24 bytes is enough for about four short English words.
from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi at cyberspace.org  (not for attachments)
website:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/
geekcode: GCS$/E dpu(!) s:- a20 C+++ UL++ P L+++ E W+ N- o? K? w--- O-- M++$
           V? PS PE- Y+ PGP++ t- 5- X- R !tv b++ DI+++ D G e+ h+ r++ y+(*)