[IRCServices] Questions from a newbie

Wouter de Waal wrm at ccii.co.za
Tue Aug 14 12:02:00 PDT 2001

Hi all

Thanks for the help so far, I figured out the nick kill (well,
I configured it to rename ppl).

>And also please note that bahamut 1.4.8 is a very old version which
>contains a number of well known exploits that allow any user to
>crash it, so you should upgrade to the latest released bahamut.

Will see if I can get that done.

>Perhaps you could alter it so that the chanserv register command is
>available only to services admins or something.

I want services to notice when a user goes /join #funny-channel,
and realise that #funny-channel is not a registered channel, and
then kill that channel.

Anybody know of web or paper resources where I can learn more about
running an IRC server and services? I'm sure O'Reilly doesn't have
a book out :-)

Wouter