[IRCServices] Coding Help Please

Andy Smith grifferz at blitzed.org
Tue Aug 14 19:47:00 PDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 06:35:15PM +0100, Kevin - DarkServ wrote:

>    Hi People,
>    OK, due to the High amount of Lamers that come to our Network to Spam
>    and Advertise their porn websites, We decided to Set up Akill ID's,
>    This is simply like DALnet where an Akill ID is Added to the end of
>    the Akill Message by the rand()% Command, But after that, we get an
>    E-mail about the Akill, but we have sadly no way of tracking the Akill
>    ID.

Why don't you do this:

1. Modify ircservices so that every akill had an ID number which is
   unique to that akill.

2. Prepend the ID to the supplied akill reason so that it is visible
   to the offender (when they get disconnected) and to your staff.

3. Have something watching the services log for akill
   add/delete/expires and make a web page/database/whatever from
   that?

Side benefits of (1) would include being able to manipulate the akill
list by number as opposed to having to enter the full hostmasks.

(2) may be a generally useful otpion for all nets since it'd be nice
for someone to be able to say "it is akill #31337 that is stopping
me connecting" saving time for both parties.

And (3) requires no modifications to ircservices and can be handled
however is best for your network.

Does that fit the bill?

--
The Blitzed IRC Network, http://www.blitzed.org

<therioman> righty ho then da master o da massiv eton-wick ppl.