[IRCServices] +h user mode to help channel ops

Jonathan Morton chromi at cyberspace.org
Thu Nov 1 20:23:01 PST 2001

>On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 05:35:00PM +0000, Jonathan Morton wrote:
>  > >Am I the only one that just gets attachments from this guy?
>  >
>  > It's PGP/MIME.  You should find it's a text file with his message and
>  > some PGP signature tags on it.
>  >
>  > Personally, I reccommend using inline-text PGP rather than PGP/MIME.
>
>inline-PGP is largely ignorant of the world outside the US, i.e. it
>ignores internationalisation.  Yes, I do know the difference and am
>aware that users of Outlook find it hard to read my email.  I do not
>care if they delete it; PGP/MIME is the way to go.

Not just Outlook.  Try PINE and Eudora, not to mention anything else
that doesn't explicitly support it.  I use Eudora, and I have to
double-click on your "attachment" and wait for PGP to look at your
key before I can see what you're saying.  Then, Eudora won't quote
your message properly when I hit Reply.  Since you speak English,
what's wrong with using inline-PGP?

Outlook, PINE and Eudora are probably the most widely-used three
mailers in existence today.  Knowingly using a scheme which makes it
hard to read in them, without good reason, is beyond my comprehension.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi at cyberspace.org  (not for attachments)
website:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/
geekcode: GCS$/E dpu(!) s:- a20 C+++ UL++ P L+++ E W+ N- o? K? w--- O-- M++$
           V? PS PE- Y+ PGP++ t- 5- X- R !tv b++ DI+++ D G e+ h+ r++ y+(*)