[IRCServices] Query on ChanServ/Nickserv behavior

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Nov 2 04:24:00 PST 2001

>>I find this behavior rather odd.  Am I misunderstanding the purpose of
>>being able to turn Secure off for NickServ?  The Help states "with SECURE
>>set, you must enter your password before you will be recognized as the
>>owner of the nick, regardless of whether your address is on the access
>>list."  This implies to me that if SECURE is NOT set, then NickServ will
>>examine the access list and, if it should find a match, let ChanServ know
>>that you're okay to op as you've been "implicitly identified."

     It sounds like the channel has SECURE set; this overrides nickname
SECURE settings (for that channel) and requires an IDENTIFY whether or
not the nickname has SECURE set.

>Related to this, I'd rather like an option to be opped on my channels
>as soon as I *have* identified, rather than having to issue OP
>commands just because the JOIN command beat my IDENTIFY command
>through the post.

     This has been requested by a number of people and is being considered.
(On the other hand, as long as you send /ns identify first this won't be a
problem...)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/