[IRCServices] Query on ChanServ/Nickserv behavior

Jonathan Morton chromi at cyberspace.org
Fri Nov 2 01:52:00 PST 2001

>I find this behavior rather odd.  Am I misunderstanding the purpose of
>being able to turn Secure off for NickServ?  The Help states "with SECURE
>set, you must enter your password before you will be recognized as the
>owner of the nick, regardless of whether your address is on the access
>list."  This implies to me that if SECURE is NOT set, then NickServ will
>examine the access list and, if it should find a match, let ChanServ know
>that you're okay to op as you've been "implicitly identified."

ChanServ will not op you unless you have used IDENTIFY.  Period.

Related to this, I'd rather like an option to be opped on my channels
as soon as I *have* identified, rather than having to issue OP
commands just because the JOIN command beat my IDENTIFY command
through the post.

from:     Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail:     chromi at cyberspace.org  (not for attachments)
website:  http://www.chromatix.uklinux.net/vnc/
geekcode: GCS$/E dpu(!) s:- a20 C+++ UL++ P L+++ E W+ N- o? K? w--- O-- M++$
           V? PS PE- Y+ PGP++ t- 5- X- R !tv b++ DI+++ D G e+ h+ r++ y+(*)