Let me be blunt (was RE: AW: [IRCServices] Nickserv required for operserv?)

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Wed Nov 14 01:45:01 PST 2001

>would it be easier to continue work with Version5.0 instead of the current
>string of services?
>i know this may sound stupid, but unless there is a fuck off bug which can
>allow uusers to take networks down, thhe fixes can wait?

     Yes, it does sound stupid.  Perhaps you don't comprehend the meaning
of "alpha", so let me explain:  An "alpha" version is a version that is
KNOWN to contain bugs (for example, the current version crashes every few
minutes/hours), and is NOT suitable for general use.  I have barely enough
time as it is to deal with the bug reports from the few people I have given
a copy of the alpha version to; if I were to release it publically, I would
never be able to get anywhere for having to read through all the mail it
would generate.

     Let me be blunt:  DO NOT ask for the current version 5.0 source code
because I WILL NOT give it to you and it will only annoy me; and the more
annoyed I am, the less efficiently I code, so the later version 5.0 will be
released.  Or, in short:  Shut up.

     Any and all replies to this message will be ignored.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/