[IRCServices] Backup databases?

Hans v Steenbergen thebeast at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 13 22:49:00 PST 2001

Craig McLure schreef:

> would it be possible in an upcoming version of services to have an automatic
> back up system?
> i recently had my providers HDD going bust after a power failure, lost all
> databases (and IRC shite at that)
> just something that can be scheduled every 2hrs lets say, that uploads a tar
> gzipped copy of the databases to another FTP so if something *DOES* happen
> and all data is lost, there is a backup :)

You can make a simple backup of it with this line
tar cvfz /home/httpd/html/backup/services.tar.gz /home/service/
we do it on this network 2 time's a day and 30 minutes later
there start on anther server of the netwerk a script
mv /home/service/services.tar.gz /home/service/old_backup/
`date +%d-%m-%Y_%H-%M`.tar.gz
wget http://ww.nowheretogo.com/backup/services.tar.gz
first line copy's the old backup
second line is getting new backup from the services server

--

Grtzz Hans v Steenbergen
 Mail me at thebeast at xs4all.nl
  Tech Admin on rc5proxy.mp3crew.nu
   www.mp3crew.nu for info about this irc server.
    mail to admins at mp3crew.nu for info
The only one who got his work done by friday was R.Crusoe

  9:35pm  up 26 days, 23:48,  2 users,  load average: 1.05, 1.23, 1.70