[IRCServices] Services - missing numeric support etc

Mark Hetherington mark at mhetherington.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 01:41:01 PST 2002

Tested on 4.5.35, not tested on version 5 yet so these may not be a problem
in version 5.
For the purpose of IRCd specific issues, this is all from a network of
Unreal based servers.

At present I am test running scenarios to recreate the triggers for the
messages, but thought I would submit the list now since it is likely trivial
to correctly parse the numeric while the scenario would help in the later
testing the fix.

A number of "unknown" and vague messages are still appearing in the log
file. Although not a huge problem, it would be useful if they were addressed
so that any future support in services of them was easily available through
the existing trapping of them. Messages are provided from the log with
server names, nicknames and channel names protected:

1) unknown message from server (:server.name 443 ChanServ nick #channel :is
already on channel)

Not sure how to reproduce this yet, it usually happens with a couple of
specific users who are never online at the same time as I am so although I
am running through a number of scenarios, I am not sure what they are doing
to trigger the 443 numeric. Should be trivial to provide a better log entry.

2) channel: MODE +b *!*@* for nonexistent channel #channel

This always happens with forbidden channels so it would be preferable if the
message reflected this.

3) unknown message from server (:server.name 441 ChanServ nick #channel:They
aren't on that channel)

Again, I am unsure of what event triggered the numeric. Should be trivial to
provide a better log entry.

4) unknown message from server (:nick SILENCE * -*!*@my.domain)
   unknown message from server (:nick SILENCE ChanServ :*!*@my.domain)

I assume the trigger for this is a user issuing the SILENCE command to the
Unreal server. Why they want to ignore services I do not know, but anyway.
Should be trivial to provide a better log entry or ignore the SILENCE
directive.

5) unknown message from server (:serverhub.name SMO o :(sync) Link
serverhub.name -> serverleaf.name is now synced [secs: 355 recv: 14.546
sent: 6.118])

This message is sent during a link of Unreal servers.

6) unknown message from server (:server.name 402 NickServ nick :No such
server)

Should be trivial to provide a better log entry. Yet to invent a test
scenario to reproduce.

Once I have them, assuming no-one else has already commented, I will post
the reproducable scenarios for the cases in this list where I have not so
far.

Mark.