[IRCServices] error 451 ...now works!

v13 at priest.com v13 at priest.com
Tue Jan 8 15:47:00 PST 2002

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 11:51, Lindo Nepi wrote:
> /oper mode+o
> when i insert  password (correct!)  i receive this error:

If this is not a typo, then it is wrong.
command is /oper nick password
or /oper nick (or /oper)
and the password is asked.

> it is very strange, because in my ircd.conf file i have:

> O:debian.nepi.it:password:ascoli::10

> of course i'm using IRC with nick  ascoli..my password is "password"
> and my  hostname is debian.nepi.it (IP:127.0.0.1)

 On the other hand, check for the user limit in the Y line (and if this is
exceeded) (if there is one). Also check if you enabled encrypted passwords
and you use a plaintext in the O line. Finaly, afaik, O-lines are not matched
against the IP(unless an ip is specified), but against the hostnames. This
means that in the case you connect from localhost, your hostname may be
localhost even if debian.nepi.it is 127.0.0.1. Try a whois on you or change
the oline to something like:

O:*@*:password:asxoli:O:10

<<V13>>